Monday, January 20, 2014

90s Movies

Overall I can say that I was a fan of movies from the 90s. We watched all varying range of movies, some being entertaining and others being kind of superficial. Clueless was extremely superficial and I believe it did a good job representing the rich american teenager from the 90s. I was not a huge fan of forest gump, but I can understand why people would enjoy it. Forrest Gump practically screams America and every way due to Forrest's numerous adventures and his journey for the pursuit of happiness. The movies of the 90s that we saw had an upbeat sense to them as opposed to some of the previous films from the 70s and 80s such as apocalypse now. The movies of the time reflected a culture of happy Americans being a superpower and the movies seemed to be very pro american. Titanic as well I enjoyed not only because of the groundbreaking CGI but the story behind it. America became attached to the film because it had to do with America for the destination of the titanic being America. The romance in it was also what Americans wanted so Titanic was a huge success in the box office. Overall I was impressed with movies of the 90s and they were a breath of fresh air for viewers considering the new upgrades in technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment