Sunday, September 22, 2013

Music, Television, movies of the 60s

Overall the 60s was a pretty cool generation. I believe the music was really good and interesting.mi believe that music was a huge part of this culitee and really defined who some people were. With Woodstock, the Beatles and the English invasion of music really played a huge part in shaping what the sixties are remembered for. The television was rather bland, the television shows often had a laugh track and I found to not really be that interesting. The twilight zone was the only show I found interesting, the endings were unpredictable and I enjoyed that. The movies were pretty interesting the effects were better than I would have thought. I believe that music was probably the biggest factor of shaping culture in the sixties. I personally enjoy music of the sixties and believe it was one of the best generations of music ever.

2 comments:

  1. I think that most people would agree with you about the music being a good part of that decade!

    What about the TV shows made them bland for you? Was it pacing? plot? the laugh track? Do you think that TV shows aren't a good way to capture the tone of the decade? Interesting that you liked the Twilight Zone! Why don't you think it lasted longer than it did?

    You don't have much to say about the movies here. Of the ones we watched, which do you think encapsulated the decade best? Or are movies also not something we should pay attention to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I though for both television and movies the humor aspect was not of my liking. The humor was slapstick humor and I do not find that funny or en believe comedies have changed over time and different generations laugh at different things. I absolutely hate laugh tracks because I feel everybody has a different sense of humor and that stimulates people to laugh at things they don't even think was funny. I believe the pace of both movies and television are very slow during this time too. The movies that we watched in class I somewhat enjoyed but I preferred planet of the apes. I believe planet of the apes had an interesting story to tell and had a good theme. The other however the portion we watched was very slow and was in a dark lit room with a bunch of cowboys talking. I do. It think the twilight zone lasted as long as it did because there is only so much that can be done in that setting.for movies I believe planet of the apes captured the decade the best because that was a revolutionary movie that chad advanced graphics and special effects for its time. I believe that many of the movies in the sixties were cowboy or pro war movies, the movies did not seem to have a lot of depth to them and I personally didn't enjoy them. I believe movies are something we should pay attention to because they also reflect what the public enjoyed during that time, but personally that was not something I enjoyed. The movies to me had slow pace and never really hooked me in. I found it easy to dose off and I am not usually like that during movies. Television was definitely more of a family thing during this time period than it is now and that is reflective of what's popular now and then. During the 60s most were happy go lucky sitcoms which you sat around watching while eating dinner with family. The television I watch is somewhat darker than what that is and would not be something I would want to watch with my family.

      Delete