Monday, December 9, 2013

Music in the 80s post 1

Music in the 80s was different from the music of the 70s in the style of music. The music of the 70s was much more it's own certain style as opposed to the 80s. The 80s had much more pop in it with more if a selling point as opposed to the music of the 70s. Music in the 80s was practically another form of advertisement with all of the artists being used as billboards for specific companies p (Michael Jackson, Madonna). 80s was also a the birth of hip hop and this was pretty interesting because that was the start and to see how it has grown since then. What I enjoyed about the 80s was the birth of hip hop. It was a new stream of music that changed the face of music forever. I also really enjoyed he new style that Michael Jackson put out, the pop that he displayed as well as the cool music videos really made it interesting. Prince was also somebody that I enjoyed to listen to as well, Prince has this certain style of music that just appealed to me. Nirvana was also another band that I really enjoyed because they brought Grunge Rock and created an entire fan base of their own. What I did not enjoy in the 80s was country music. I have never enjoyed country music and the sound then is the same as now. Country music has never evolved and changed over time and it bores me. Country music seems to all be about drinking and love as well and it just is something I cannot listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment