Monday, December 9, 2013

Television of the 80s

This was by far the best decade of television we have watched so far. Finally, I feel as if I am able to relate more to what is going on and finding the material more funny. I enjoyed "The Cosby Show" the most out of all the shows. The Cosby show was very funny because it provided bits of standup from Bill Cosby and I enjoyed this because he has a sense of humor that appeals to me. The Cosby show relates to the decade because it shows a family that is being raised in the 80s and all of the issues. Also the show displays the life of upper class African Americans which was a first on television. The Cosby show addressed fashion statements of the 80s as well as other things, but never was too aggressive. The Cosby show never really brought politics into it and this was something that I preferred. I believe a show like that should not bring in politics because it is much more of a family watching show. Overall, the Cosby Show was something I enjoyed of the television of the 80s because of good sense of humor and the theme of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment